Friday 4 February 2011

The other short stories...


Back to recording news then:

Kuulama were in last weekend recording their first demo, and it's sounding great! The Selmer amp (pictured with beloved ribbon mic) really worked out well for that WHO-style "CLAAANNNGG!!!"...See a short video of the guys in the studio below:



I am extremely happy to announce that shortly the guys from Phoria (and myself of course) will begin work on the follow-up to their very popular EP 'Yourself Still' with a new six-tracker! THe recording will start over the next couple of months and won't be done in the studio this time, but in various locations around Kent and Brighton, including houses, apartments overlooking the sea and a spooky old manor house!

Towards the end of the month I will have the AMAZING Great Ancestors in to record two brand new songs, I can't wait to capture the sheer energy of that band. Then it's the recording of the Jairus/Monarch split (I'll be doing both bands tracks for the sheer fun of it).

6th of March sees the beautiful Ruby's Wishes performing an acoustic set live on KMFM, and an interview with the band and me about the recordings and plans for this year.

The Ambience album 'Colour in Silence' is FINALLY finished!

I am also offering music recording and production lessons, prices from £15 per hour - I will teach beginners or people with experience, just let me know what you'd like to learn and drop me an e-mail at anchorbabyrecordings@live.co.uk

Exciting times!

No comments:

Post a Comment