Wednesday 20 April 2011

- like a monkey with a miniature cymbal...

The title of this blog is fitting, in the sense that it has been non-stop studio recording/rehearsing/gigging/mixing/pre-production/meetings - over and over and over and over. Today is my first day off and I am enjoying a coffee in Googies whilst updating this, ahhh...

The new Chutes single is now recorded and mixed and is absolutely fantastic! I think this song will make a real impact on people when they hear it. It's catchy, with great vocals, great lyrics, it's a good length for a single and ticks all the boxes, good luck guys and gal!

Thursday this week sees the laying down of some guide guitars/bass at Simon's flat for the new Magnets EP - we're recording the majority of it in an awesome Church/Theatre over the next month, better get the old Ipod touch out for some HD filming of that...

Thursday and Friday NEXT week will see me heading down to Brighton for the initial drum recordings for the new Phoria EP, again in some church, they seem to be the way to go!

The new Great Ancestors songs have now been mixed, and they're off to be mastered in the next couple of weeks by Andy Jackson, of Pink Floyd fame - these new songs are awesome, and really energetic. I guess that's what you get when you let a band record at gig volume in the same room together!

I am still offering one to one Music Production/Mixing/Recording tuition. You can either come to me at the studio, or I can come to you.

I will teach everyone from beginners to people who are advanced in the field - You may want to just learn the basics of recording, or you may want to brush up on polishing up your mixes, learn about advanced EQ/Compression techniques, mic positioning on a drum kit etc. If you have a home/project studio I can come along and show you how to make the most out of your mics/gear.


I am very experienced within this field, and currently very active within it - my recordings have been played on BBC Radio One, KMFM, and are played weekly on BBC Kent Introducing.


I charge £15 per hour, and you can hear some of my work/read about my musical background at www.anchorbabyrecordings.com - it'd be wise to check this out as you don't want to be learning from someone who's recordings you don't like the sound of!

Contact details are on the website.

More news as and when it happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment