Tuesday 5 April 2011

Spilling not only my coffee, but my latest news too...

My Mother had a nickname for me when I was a kid, I won't repeat it - but it was based on me spilling everything I drank/ate. At 28 I haven't changed, and have managed to spill half of my coffee on my laptop before I've even taken a sip. So if this update ends short, it means the coffee has seeped through to the circuit board and my charred and skeletal corpse, hair sticking up even further than usual, is sitting in the corner of Googies ;)

I've had a really busy few weeks, ridiculous in fact, hence the lack of updates. Burning the candle at both ends doesn't quite cut it!

So what's been going on? I've been working on this Gospel album, with an extremely talented MD by the name of Ira Jackson. Unfortunately though we had a bit of a nightmare with the musicians on this project, and it took twice as long as it should have. But it's done now, and has been mastered by Andy Jackson, Pink Floyd's head engineer.

10 days ago I was fortunate enough to spend the day in Brighton with Phoria, doing some live demo's as pre-production for their forthcoming mini-album. We set up in their house and tracked everything live with the help of a Tascam US1800 (16 channel USB audio interface which sounds just great) and my laptop. Then we spent the rest of the evening planning out where to do the proper recording, and looks like we've narrowed it down to a lovely church hall and a cool wooden-floored apartment with high ceilings! The plan is to start work on that next week, which is something that I can't wait for. The new songs are great, very dark and have an even more textural vibe going on than last years EP 'Yourself Still'.

Also taking place next week will be the finalising of dates for the Magnets EP, another record that is going to change people's lives this Summer ;)

On Sunday 10th we will be finishing off the new Great Ancestors recording (seriously dirty!) and on Monday 18th it's the recording of the new Chutes single.

On top of all of the above Jairus have some recordings for the near future once the new song is finished, and for all of you in Brighton please be sure to check us out at the Green Door Store on Friday 8th April with the fantastic Run, Walk! We are also please to be performing at the Westcoast Bar on April 12th with Piano's Become The Teeth and Monarch, be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment