Wednesday 15 June 2011

Just when you think things were quiet...


...They pick up again, and that means a massive back-catalogue of stuff to mix. It also doesn't help that I've been ill for 10 days! Some of the females amongst you, if not ALL of you, will call it 'man flu'. I can assure you it's not, I never get ill, and this was bad!

Anyway, I'm back now - back in existence under the dark, slimey underbelly of the local music scene, and I have some more bands to tell you about:

Folkestone-based 4 piece Blaise Paisel came up to the studio last Saturday to lay down a new song - I am in the process of mixing it, and once it's done I will be sending it off to Pink Floyd man Andy Jackson for a lovely mastering job, expect to hear it on my website soon!

Sunday saw Magnets (3 of) and myself descend upon SPACE gallery in Folkestone to record some drums and guitars for another song 'Horses' on the new EP. I'm surprised we got away with it to be honest, the drums were SO loud and the Sunday-shoppers would definitely have heard them from right down Rendezvous Street! You can see a picture at the top of Andy giving his drum tracks the 'all clear'.

On Monday of this week I recorded an amazing band called ATM. They sound a bit like Pele, but with vocals and a little heavier! I will be mixing that record (3 tracks) over the next couple of days and will DEFINITELY be posting one of the tracks up on the website soon!

Friday of this week I will be the subject of a video interview for Rock-Kent.com - this will be a general feature on me as a producer/musician. Cool!

Don't forget, I have a list on my website of other services I offer within music. If you'd like to hire me as a producer but already have an engineer then please get in touch, or if you'd like tuition/my mixing skills etc. Have a read!

No comments:

Post a Comment